Old October 29th 04, 12:59 AM
Leon van Dommelen

L Bader > wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:30:33 -0400, "chuckk"
> wrote:
>
>>What for?

>After replacing the intake, building a cold air box for said intake,
>and a high-flow exhaust from manifold back, I seem to be running a bit
>lean...

Why do you say so? You should be putting only a small percentage more
air through the system as usual.

Apparently, the JR uses a resistor in the air temperature circuit to
trick the ECU in adding more fuel. You could try the same with a much
smaller resistor. I do not remember what the resistance of the JR kit
one is, (if I ever knew,) but you could try the power forum on
miataforum.com.

Following chuck's advice in insuring the proper operation of the
OEM system first seems like a good idea, though. You hate to
have to take out the resistor later again after you replace the
fuel filter or fuel pump, say.

Leon

>>It's likely that springing for an aftermarket ECU is in your future.

>I figured as much, but thought I would ask...
>
>Original question below:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a reasonable fix, aside from purchasing the FM-ECU ?
>>>

>'97 STO, "Chouki"
>
>// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)