Old July 11th 05, 06:39 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

RichA wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:06:24 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> > wrote:
>

>>David Schierholz wrote:

>>>Ok- Probably not the group that cares about such things, but-
>>>
>>>You are citing as an example of intelligence and work ethic an
>>>organization that put a man on the moon in 1969 and hasn't put one
>>>farther than low earth orbit since?

>>This isn't due to lack of intelligence or work ethic. Its due to lack
>>of funding.

> It's due to politics. $160b has gone into that USELESS ISS and that
> is the reason for the lack of money. A make-work project for out of
> work Russian nuclear scientists.
> Thankfully, the admin and NASA are now making noises that the ISS is
> being back-burnered. I hope it's left to disintigrate, what a waste.

I don't see it as being wasted, necessarily. Much of what is learned
developing the ISS will be applicable to sending a mission to Mars,
which seems the next logical step in space exploration with the possible
exception of a permanent moon base. Developing the technology to reach
Mars, and return, will take time... a long time IMO. I think it will
take another 25-30 years before it is remotely considered feasible.