Old July 11th 05, 06:48 AM

Default 94 accord, no oil to top of engine- Oil light on

I have a 94 accord EX with 310000km. Yesterday I was driving over
some rough dirt roads ( I mean REALLY rough) and the oil light came on.

it blinked intermittently at first and then came on steady. I thought
that the oil was low, so I added a bunch of oil. I waited til the next
day, and there is no sign of leaks and the dipstick reads high.

When I take the oil cap off, It is quite dry, and I have to poke my
finger in a fair way to get it even slightly oily.

My only thoughts are to check the intake or replace the oil pump as
if the engine is dry, It does not make sense that it is the sender.

Any advice would be really appreciated,

Thanks,

Matt.