Old May 2nd 06, 04:58 AM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Default Bush Energy Secretary: Expect high gas prices for two more years

In > , Matt Russotto wrote:
>In article >,
>citizen > wrote:
>>Bodman: Gas prices could stay high for 2 or 3 years
>>By Barbara Kollmeyer, Marke****ch
>>Last Update: 3:25 PM ET Apr 30, 2006
>>
>>LOS ANGELES (Marke****ch) -- U.S. Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman said
>>Sunday that prices paid at the pump for gasoline could stay high for
>>two or three years, in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."
>>
>>"Suppliers have lost control of the market," Bodman told NBC's Tim
>>Russert, when asked what the reason for the latest spike in U.S. gas
>>prices. "Therefore demand exceeds supply." ....

>>Yep, gas prices will stay high as long as Bush is in office.

>Bingo.

But I want to add: Whoever is most likely to replace Bush will not
reduce gasoline prices as much as Americans could by reducing demand in
ways regardless of who gets elected to office!

Second to that, get off your gluteus maximus muscles and vote - both in
the November elections and the primary ones! Mostly for reasons other
than gasoline prices and *especially* in primary elections (vote for
whoever has less in terms of favors to owe) I would add!

- Don Klipstein )