Old September 13th 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.military.retired,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,soc.veterans,uk.legal
N8N

Default Brits are SAFER drivers ... too busy cross-dressing?

wrote:
> How well would the drivers in your state (including you) do with this
> drivers test?

<snip>

Miserably. But I wish they'd do it.

As for the brake lights, I'd explain to the instructor that I was going
to check them, and then back up facing a wall before leaving the
parking lot. Then they can be seen without leaving the driver's seat.

I actually find myself doing this either when I have to back up late at
night, or when stuck in traffic, seeing if I can see my lights
reflected on the car behind me. People drive badly enough when I *am*
signaling what I'm doing.

nate