Old May 9th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 1991 Honda Civic dies after driving on freeway

My money's on the coil, too. Especially if the problem only
occurs well after warm-up.

A failing main relay's symptoms tend to occur after running
awhile, then shutting off a few minutes, then re-starting.
It won't re-start until the car cools. The integrity of the
solder joints, with age, are temperature-dependent.

How old is the coil? Is the coil OEM?

Still, ever had the main relay replaced?

I replaced my 91 Civic's (176k miles) main relay c. 1999. No
problems since.

"Alan" > wrote