Old January 14th 05, 04:52 AM
Dave C.

Default Even the cops know that speeding tickets are all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I was recently dispatched to a nearby state to debug several computer
networks. Another guy flew in to work with me. So this guy I'm working
with is a retired statie (state trooper from Maine), currently working as a
computer network consultant. Anyway, to get from where we are staying to
where we are working, we decide it would be easiest to ride together. We
take his rental car, a Ford Explorer. I'm riding in this thing for a while
and don't notice anything out of the ordinary until I hear this loud
BLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppp! !!!

It was then that I noticed the brand new, state-of-the-art radar and laser
detector attached to the windshield of the rental car with a suction cup
mounting thingie. My co-worker (retired state cop) tells me he takes it
with him everywhere he goes. Remember, this is a RENTAL we are riding in,
and it was rented by a retired statie.

Yup, it's ALL about the $$$$$$. Don't believe me, ask the cops!!! -Dave