Old March 9th 06, 03:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 87 325is issue...

My son's 87 325is has developed an issue and I'm hoping for some
solid advice on where to look. I'll be putting it up on a lift
tomorrow and hope I can find the problem but I'm looking for advice
here. The car has developed what I can only describe as a hop type
vibration in the drivetrain. I can compare it to a u-joint vibration
but it's more intense. Things I'll be looking at tomorrow are the
guibo's and the axle half shafts. I know they have a CV joint in them
but I've never seen one do this. I also have a jingling coming from
the front tire but since the ABS light came on today I think the ABS
ring has come off the hub. I've heard people talk about this...
Thanks...