Old March 9th 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 87 325is issue...

Fred W wrote:

> I think you will find it is the guibo. When that goes it can cause a
> large offset in the driveline. It might also be one of the U joints,
> but not likely the center joint as that would just cause the floor of
> the car to shake. I'm sure it will be obvious when you start poking
> around...

While I usually suspect the center bearing carrier *first*. It doesn't
much matter. Whenever you replace one of these, it usually makes sense
to replace both. They're both cheap and easy. They are also much more
likely culprits than anything having to do with either the U joint or
the half shafts.

BTW, unless the E30 is different from the E28, if it has an automatic
transmission, it will have no guibo.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that)

P.S.: If you're not familiar with the term, 'guibo' is the flexible
rubber disk (also referred to as a 'flex disk') at the rear end of the
transmission that links the driveshaft to the output flange.