Old December 19th 04, 02:21 PM
George

"Oliver B. Lafferty" > wrote in message
<SNIP>
> Changing oil is not a big deal and is cheaper, quicker and safer than
> having a mentally challenged garage helper do it.

Cheaper? I pay about 20 bucks - How much cheaper can it be to buy the ****
to do it myself?
Quicker? It takes them about 20 minutes. How much faster could I do it
myself?
Safer? How much safer would it be for me to get under there myself?
Mentally challenged? Some of them are, of course. Most have just as much
mechanical ability as you! You're right, changing oil is no big deal, but
look at the real world. Lots of folks are stuck with street parking, no
knowledge, and no tools. Some pay because they have to; some pay because of
convenience. I pay to have it done but before I drive away, I do a quick
check to make sure I still have a dipstick, an oil cap, and to see that they
"did" change the filter and other things they were supposed to do.