Old September 6th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Default Accord 98 doesn't start after weekends

Homer wrote:

> (Turns over but won't cough or sputter) is the answer.
> If I just keep trying for 3 minutes (that some times kills my battery
> and I need a boost) it will start to cough and engine will start. After
> that If I push the gas pedal down and release it engine stops again and
> it will take my another 1 minutes to get it to run. so when the engine
> runs I hold the pedal a little bit down and won't let it go for 1
> minute. After one minute everything will be fine. I can turn it off and
> right back on. and it's fine for another week.
>
> And I have remote starter, alarm and stereo equipment (mp3 player).
> There is no black smoke after engine starts to run or smell of gas (or
> as least I haven't seen it).
>
> Is it hard to replace injectors? how much are they?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Homer

-------------------------------------

Next Monday, turn the key to position II. Did the fuel pump run for two
seconds? If not, smack the dash on the left side and listen. If the fuel
pump ran, you need to resolder the MAIN RELAY. You can fool the car into
starting by smacking the dash, (or slamming the driver's door), but
fixing the relay would be the right fix.

SEARCH honda main relay on Google.

Could it be your car is exactly the wrong temperature on Monday
mornings? The main relay is subject to temperature sensitivity because
of the bad solder joints.

'Curly'