Old November 4th 04, 03:26 PM

SoCalMike > wrote:
> recent oil change? drive at highway speeds for about a half hour to get
> the engine nice and hot?

Oil Change? How does that play?

A couple of weeks ago, on a dark and stormy night, I chose to drive over a
rock instead of swerve around it. My Honda Civic isn't as high off the
ground as I thought. I cracked my aluminum oil pan.
As I pulled over to check for damage, my Engine light came on, which the
manual says is associated with emissions controls. The oil pressure light
never came on, and there isn't any oil level sensor.

$814 later, the car seems to be fine. $262 for the oil pan, seven hours
labor.

---