Old November 4th 04, 06:21 PM
Barry S.

>Dkakd wrote:
>> My 1990 acura integra did not pass Virginia emissions due to high CO2 at 25
>> MPH. I think limit was 80 PPM and it tested at 140 PPM. It has news plugs,
>> clean filters, and 173,000 miles.
>>
>> Is this a simple mixture adjustment? Thanks,
>>
>> Dan

Based on the #s provided, I suspect there is some sort of fuel control
problem.. HCs are elevated at 25, but fine at 15. CO is fine at 15
MPH, but off the chart at 25 MPH.. So somewhere along the test, I
think the car broke into open loop mode. (non-fuel-control) This is
something you may want to send to a mechanic.

I once had an 87 Dodge Colt? pop in and out of fuel control, dash temp
gauge suggested it was at operating temp. The connector to the
separate ECT (coolant) sensor was making an intermittent connection
and bouncing the car in and out of fuel control.. Fixed the
connection and the car passed with flying colors.

Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
N37.3 W122.0