Old March 14th 05, 07:20 AM
Brent P

In article >, Robert Cruickshank wrote:

> I don't feel like making too many responses on this thread, so I'll just
> point out here that the other poster who found the UAW link is right,
> this information is definitely made available to members - even a member
> like me who is in a non-automaking section of the UAW. And if I know
> this stuff you can sure as hell bet that the UAW workers in auto plants
> know what cars are union-made and which aren't.

So how do the guys with the baseball bats that enforce these sort of regulations tell
the difference between say, a made-in-mexico focus and made-in-USA focus? At one time
the kansas city plant put a little sticker on the cars, but that may or may not last.
But other US plants didn't mark their production that way.

I doubt they keep a cheat sheet going back ten or model years to refer to. This sort
of thing is an emotional reaction, not some sort of rational, planed, and researched
activity.