Old January 6th 05, 02:59 AM
Ed B

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> im poling everyone what i should do to my thing i want to put a turbo
> engine and a nice sound sytem but i want to know what i should do with
> it

As a fellow thing owner, modifications get difficult and cause problems.
Things have a lot of Thing specific parts. I've spent more than a year
slowly re-assembling a Thing after the previous owners thought they knew
better than VW. They also managed to interfere with important things like
heat. My advice is don't modify too much, those parts were designed for use
in bugs, and while they will bolt up, most of the mod kits just don't work
as well for a Thing.