Old July 25th 05, 07:58 AM
Erik

In article .com>,
"Vin" > wrote:

> Erik,
> Thank you for your reply. One question - when I went to get the
> mounts checked for the second time, the mechanic asked 'If it's the
> mounts, why wouldn't they act up when the car is cold as well as when
> its warmed up?' I'll do as you suggest and check to see what things
> look like myself to see if I can spot something. Thanks again for the
> reply.
> - Vin

If it were a mount, I really couldn't see it being temperature sensitive
by itself either. But who knows... always check the simple stuff first,
mounts are simple, quick and free to check.

Question, does this vehicle have a linkage, cable or hydraulically
operated clutch? If it's linkage, the mounts are even more suspect... a
vicious cycle can sometime be created by the engine moving enough to
engage and release the clutch on it's own.

I've seen busted mounts take a toll on plastic air intake ducts of fuel
injected engines too (the big duct between the air cleaner assembly and
throttle valve.) Cracks/leaks opening and closing as the engine 'slops'
around can raise all sorts of hell if the engine is equipped with an air
flow meter. These ducts are a good thing to look at close on a regular
basis anyway, and sometime leak unprovoked.

Again, good luck, can't wait to hear the outcome!

Erik