Old September 7th 04, 09:30 AM
Eric Baber

Default Shocks & springs

I'm going to have my shock absorbers replaced on my 55,000 mile 1992 MX5
following various postings here saying that the shocks will be well and
truly dead by now (to my knowledge they're still the original ones - there's
no record of them having been replaced, and when braking hard the car
strongly pulls to the right which apparently is an indication of dead
shocks, right?) My question is whether to replace the springs as well while
I'm at it. Do the springs have a longer/indefinite life-span, or would it be
sensible to replace them at the same time as the shocks?

Thanks

Eric