Old September 7th 04, 06:27 PM
MLB

"Eric Baber" > wrote in
:

> I'm going to have my shock absorbers replaced on my 55,000 mile 1992
> MX5 following various postings here saying that the shocks will be
> well and truly dead by now (to my knowledge they're still the original
> ones - there's no record of them having been replaced, and when
> braking hard the car strongly pulls to the right which apparently is
> an indication of dead shocks, right?) My question is whether to
> replace the springs as well while I'm at it. Do the springs have a
> longer/indefinite life-span, or would it be sensible to replace them
> at the same time as the shocks?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric

Shocks have nothing to do with the car pulling to the right. THat's your
brakes.

Shocks may or may not be trashed at that mileage. If you push down on a
corner of the car and then let up does it come back up and stop or keep
bouncing? Springs are definitely not even close to sacked at that mileage.
Plenty of OEM springs with 155,000 that are still fine.
Get your brakes fixed!