Old May 16th 04, 03:15 AM
Randy S

Default 2004 S4 - Owner Opinions?

Already scrolled through the Audi World forums...
Wanted to hear from the folks here...

I test drove it twice, I love the car, I just worry about passenger space, and
Audi's recently sinking reliability issues. Also, how is the car on long
trips? I currently drive a 1997 Mercedes Benz E420, and I'm ready for a
change. I'm an aggressive driver, but I'm trying to decide between the S4 and
a used Lexus LS430. I know both cars are night and day different. I think the
Lexus is a better package for long drives and my commute, but the S4 is so damn
fun (Lexus is NOT fun, but has more creature comforts). Also the Audi dealer
is offering to sell me a "buy-back" S4 with only 800 miles on it. (silver,
automatic) Should I look closer or steer clear? He said the warranty on a
buy-back car is actually longer than one on a new car? As if it's
automatically extended? He said he wasn't sure the reason it was a buy-back,
but he would know as soon as they took delivery.

Randy in Chicago