Old December 23rd 04, 05:55 PM
Bob Shuman

While it could be the starter, the fast clicking to me suggests a starter
that is not receiving sufficient amperage to crank, thus I'd still look at
the battery and starter connections (clean and tight), the battery itself
(likely root cause), the alternator belt (not slipping to prevent proper
charging), the starter (could have dirty or defective solenoid contacts),
and lastly the alternator (which he indicated was fairly new).

Good luck!

Bob