Old June 30th 06, 10:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default New member, Some Q about Vanos

Bimmer328 wrote:
> I do the same exact thing... anyway, guys.. lets get back to the topic
> pls..! any additional information after my latest comments?

Yep, happened to be too, twice in fact ('02 E46 Ci w. Steptronic).
- First time when turning into my street at ~5 mph, the engine just cut
out for no reason (bear in mind it was a Steptronic, so stall is
impossible).

- Second time it happened as I was going down the highway at ~45 mph
(v. heavy traffic), which was most amusing as I'm sure you can imagine!

Again, bear in mind this was a Steptronic(!)

Each time it started up again instantly & ran fine + no warning lights
of any kind. Of course I took it in to be looked at, but no fault codes
were ever recorded. I always had a theory that it was the cam sensor...

In summary, it happened twice over the 3.5 yrs I owned the car, which
doesn't sound much but is very dangerous nonetheless.