Old September 7th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
C. E. White[_1_]

Default They're MFFYs *Off* the Road, Too

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

> This coming from a man who is on record as being an unrepentant LLB.

I am not a Left Lane Bully. On the other hand, I don't respond to those that
are. I aspire to complete all passes in safe and legal manner. I feel no
responsibility for dirivng at excessive speeds becasue a true LLB want to
drive 90 in a 65 zone. I am not going to cut you off if it is obvious you
would catch and pass me before I could complete my pass, but if I catch
someone, or even a line of slower moving cars, and move over to pass them, I
am not going to drive 80 mph in a 65 becasue you came roaring up from behind
me half way through my pass. I am willing to drive 73 in a 65, but not 80.
The only time I have a problem with LLBs is when I pull over to pass a
slower car that speeds up as I am passing them. I have problems in that
situation becasue I won't go more than 8 over the speed limit, so I can get
hung out. Slowing down to drop back in behind the formerly slower car often
causes problems. This is mostly becasue if I slow down to drop back in
behind the formerly slower car one of two bad things often happens - 1) The
formerly slower car slows down along with me so I can't drop behind them (at
which point I try to acclerate quickly to get in front of them so I can move
to the right) or 2) As soon as I slow down in an effort to get behind the
formerly slower car, the LLB switches to the right lane and tries to squeeze
between me and the formerly slower car (and when this happens I just slow
down more so there is an opening, and then I switch back to the right lane
in hopes the formerly slower car latches onto the LLB and gets out of my
way). I do not like having cars tailgate me. I do not like holding up other
people - I am not the law and don't care how fast they drive as long as they
stay the heck out of my way. I never tailgate or flash headlights at Left
Lane Bullies - I figure two jerks is worse than one. If I am trapped behind
a LLB, I'll do my best to get out of your way if you want to be the second
LLB. It has been almost 20 years since I last got a speeding ticket, I'd
like to avoid another. I will ignore you if you tailgate me or flash your
headlights at me, so don't waste your time doing that - I have no desire to
hold you up any longer than necessary to complete my pass in a safe and
mostly legal manner (I say mostly legal becasue driving 8 over is techically
illegaal, but 8 over appears to be acceptable - I know several peopel who
have gotten tickets for 10 over, but none recently for only 8 over). If you
want to go Richard Petty on me, I hope you have good insurance.

Ed