Old September 12th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
cdm331

Default Crazy Electrical Problems in 1990 5.0 LX

OK, I am having crazy electrical issues in my 1990 LX. I am sure
everyone is familiar with the familiar whine of the fuel pump in these
cars pressurizing. Well, when I have the key turned to accessory (just
before start), the fuel pump constantly pressurizes, even while
attempting to start it continues to pressurize. Also, the tach jumps
around like a babboon, there is a strange beeping noise (like pulsing
electicity) coming from something that I cant pinpoint under the hood
and there is a clicking coming from behind the gauges.

I would think it was the Fuel pump relay if it were only the pump that
was acting up. My other thought is an EEC Relay or MAYBE the recalled
ignition switch. The reason I am suspecting the ignition switch is
because it is almost like its acting like I am flipping the key back
and forth from acc. to off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Cdm331