Old November 18th 04, 07:39 PM
Lenny Wilson

Default 2003 Jetta Bangs while shifting when cold.

2003 Jetta GLS with 2.0l automatic and 34k on it has two problems.

When cold there is a slight delay going into gear (D or Reverse) from
park. When semi cold or just warming up I sometimes get a rather abrupt
"slamming" into gear going from 2 to 3 or sometimes 3 to 4.

I don't think this has ever happened when the car is fully warmed but I
can't be certain because it is my wifes car and I don't drive it all that
much.

Normally first thing I would check is fluid level but it looks like a
nightmare in this car.

Known problem?
Any ideas?
TIA