Old September 11th 06, 05:03 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.true-crime,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Larry[_2_]

Default Kaldis, OCD and You! <= what every sane person should know (was: Suspended license from another state)

In article .com>,
"proffsl" > wrote:

> Larry wrote:
> > proffsl wrote:
> > >
> > > So, Texas can presumeably deny the Texas citizen the Right to
> > > drive in Flordia by revoking his Texas driver license, but Texas
> > > can not deny the Tennessee citizen the Right to drive in Flordia.
> > > Again, not uniform.

> > Texas cannot in any way, shape, or form affect your driving
> > privileges in Florida, unless Florida chooses to abide by a
> > Texas determination.

> So, with no further burdens, the Tennessee driver may drive in Flordia,
> but the Texas driver may not.

Wrong!

Only Florida can decide who can and cannot drive in Florida. Why can't
you get this through your thick, ignorant head?

If Texas suspends the license of one of its own residents, Florida can
decide how that affects the person's privilege to drive in Florida.

If Texas suspends the driving privileges (in Texas, of course) of
someone with a Tennessee driver's license, Florida can decide how that
affects the person's privilege to drive in Florida.

> Thanks for agreeing with me, and
> confirming once and for all that Driver Licensing is an
> Unconstitutional Police Power.

First, I'm not agreeing with you.

Second, you don't understand what I am saying.

Third, you don't understand how the laws work.

Fourth, and here's the kicker, *even if* the world operated the way you
think it does, it wouldn't violate the uniformity requirements for
police powers!