Old September 11th 06, 05:16 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,alt.true-crime,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Larry[_2_]

Default Kaldis, OCD and You! <= what every sane person should know (was: Suspended license from another state)

In article .com>,
"proffsl" > wrote:

> Larry wrote:
> > proffsl wrote:

> > > So, with no further burdens, the Tennessee driver may drive in
> > > Flordia, but the Texas driver may not. Thanks for agreeing with
> > > me, and confirming once and for all that Driver Licensing is an
> > > Unconstitutional Police Power.

> > If Texas suspends the license of one of its own residents, Florida can
> > decide how that affects the person's privilege to drive in Florida.
> >
> > If Texas suspends the driving privileges (in Texas, of course) of
> > someone with a Tennessee driver's license, Florida can decide how that
> > affects the person's privilege to drive in Florida.

> As Texas can not suspend the Tennessee driver's license, you have once
> again proven me correct. Again, thanks for the confirmation.

You're missing the entire point. Texas's determination has *NO EFFECT
WHATSOEVER* on your ability to drive in Tennessee or Florida *REGARDLESS
OF WHAT STATE ISSUED YOU YOUR LICENSE* unless, and only if, Tennessee or
Florida CHOOSE to give Texas's suspension some effect in their own
states.

Each state decides for themselves who drives in their state, regardless
of what state issued you your license and regardless of what the other
49 states think about your privilege to drive within their borders. I
really can't make it any simply, proffy. I've dumbed it down enough
that even your one-cell mind should be able to grasp it.