Old September 2nd 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

Default Direction GM's taking Saturn

SnoMan wrote:

> Sure they can and most dealers make the money off of used cars and
> service anywa plus they get hidden factory insentives on sales as I
> have a freind that is in GM fleet sales at a dealer and he told me
> that when they are pushing cars at low prices to move them, GM gives
> them money for doing it to maintain profit for them. I have not paided
> over 500 bucks over true dealer cost (minus hidden kick backs) for
> over 25 years now and I have bought 7 new vehicles in that time frame
> too. If you feel sorry for them and want to bank roll them have at it
> but not me.

A lot of people don't realize that true dealer cost, and dealer invoice
are two entirely different things. $500 over dealer cost is invariably
still well under invoice, is a pretty fair price to pay. Of course a
dealer can't survive if everyone paid $500 over dealer cost, but
fortunately there are enough people paying invoice or more to make up
for those people that pay less.