Old September 13th 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kevin McMurtrie

Default Who Needs a Hybrid???

In article > ,
jim beam > wrote:

> Earle Horton wrote:
> > You mis-spelled "junk". I got the stick shift.

> no i didn't. the cvt will give you better mileage - it's always in
> /exactly/ the most efficient ratio.

Based on all the stupid things that the 5 speed 2005 HAH transmission
does, I wouldn't count on it. Honda's transmission programming is
_really_ bad. Accelerate a little bit and it shifts from 3rd (3 cyl) to
4th (6 cyl + IMA) then 2nd (6 cyl) then 3rd (6 cyl) and back to 4th (3
cyl + IMA). 96/97 Civic HX CVT transmissions had a lot of software
performance problems too.

If I could convert my HAH to a 5 speed manual, I'd be making a service
appointment now. I'm always in the right gear because I know what I'm
doing next.