Old March 14th 05, 12:10 AM
msterspy

Default 98 Crown Vic Wipers won't park

Hi All: Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem. I have a 98
Crown Vic and the wipers won't park. In fact when I shut them off the
go all the way to the up position. The parking cycle seems to be dead.
The wipers work perfect other than the parking problem.

I removed the cover to reveal the crank and it was stuffed with
acorns. (I have a chipmunk problem in my neighborhood) Maybe they
chewed the wiring?

I tried looking at my service manual and it gives instructions on how
to measure resistance and voltage, but I can not find the wiring
harness that goes to the wiper motor. Ford had a better idea when
they design accesiblity to the wiper motor. Looks like a nightmare and
I may have a mechanic do the work. I'm getting too old for this.