Old June 4th 06, 11:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default 92 735 Instaling Alarm/remote entry

I have a stock BMW alarm in there; and I would like to tap into that harness as
much as possible -- as I can crimp ends to go onto the existing connector

The connector is a grid 4 x 3 (I understand a more standard one is 2 x 6)

1 2 3 X
5 6 7 8
9 10 X 12

(X = Unused, no wire)

1 = Brown wire, Ground
2 = Black/white, Door sensor
3 = Blue, Trunk sensor
5 = Purple, UNKNOWN
6 = Red, Horn
7 = Purple, UNKNOWN
8 = Black/yellow, Lock
9 = Yellow, fused positive
10 = Black, UNKNOWN
12 = Blue/yellow, Unlock

I would prefer not using vampire taps for these items; but will have to I think.
1) Brake peddle/switch (Auto lock doors when applied)
2) Ignition On
3) Parking Lights

My questions, for you learned folks a
A) Do you know what the unknown wires are for above?
B) Do you know which wires, or places I can tap into for the 3 items above?

Thanks for your time

--- AntiSpam/harvest ---
Remove X's to send email to me.