Old March 7th 05, 02:05 AM

Default Buying a new car

The first time I bought a car I ordered it with the options I wanted.
We agreed on the price and when the car arrived at the dealership I had
a cashiers check for the car.

The dealer had a rebate check that was issued from Ford with my name on
it. He asked me to sign the check and took put it in the cash drawer.

Nothing was ever mentioned in pricing the car about any rebate check.
I didn't say anything and I know I should have at least asked if that
money was from Ford to the dealer then why did they send it to him with
my name on it?

Thinking back I think that check should have been mine and I was
foolish enough to sign it over to the dealer.

I am planning to buy another new car soon and I dread the negotiating I
will have to do to buy one.

Any suggestions on how to get the best deal with poor negotiating
skills?

Any suggestions on a better group to ask these questions?