Old March 7th 05, 02:19 AM
James C. Reeves

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> The first time I bought a car I ordered it with the options I wanted.
> We agreed on the price and when the car arrived at the dealership I had
> a cashiers check for the car.
>
> The dealer had a rebate check that was issued from Ford with my name on
> it. He asked me to sign the check and took put it in the cash drawer.
>
> Nothing was ever mentioned in pricing the car about any rebate check.
> I didn't say anything and I know I should have at least asked if that
> money was from Ford to the dealer then why did they send it to him with
> my name on it?
>
> Thinking back I think that check should have been mine and I was
> foolish enough to sign it over to the dealer.
>
> I am planning to buy another new car soon and I dread the negotiating I
> will have to do to buy one.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get the best deal with poor negotiating
> skills?
>
> Any suggestions on a better group to ask these questions?

Go to www.edmunds.com and configure the car the way you want it. Click on
the "current offers" link to see what rebates are being offered for your
area. Offer $100 over invoice minus the rebate. You'll still be paying a
little more than you should, but it saves the hassle. You'll be in and out
in under 30 minutes (in most cases). If you still want to haggle, that's a
good starting number.