Old March 9th 05, 04:34 AM
Big Bill

On 8 Mar 2005 11:15:59 -0800, "Ad absurdum per aspera"
> wrote:

>Sutton is also very big on private-party sales within your network of
>family and friends and neighbors as a good way to pick up a quality
>*used* car. The catches, of course, are that you have to be flexible
>about make/model/year and the timing of the purchase so as to take
>advantage of what's available, and that it'll often have to be a cash
>deal. But I must say that I've gotten the most satisfactory deals in
>this manner.

Personal opinion:
Never, ever, sell a used car to a friend/relative.
It's like loaning money to a friend/relative.
Be prepared to lose either the car/money or the friend/relative.

Or, as in the case of my own experience, *always* *ALWAYS* get a note
(contract) outlining the rules.

If you *give* the car to a friend/relative, it's almost as bad. The
car probably has problems (otherwise you'd sell it),and those problems
may come back to haunt.

Like I said, personal opinion.

--
Bill Funk