Old January 16th 05, 05:34 PM
Dave Head

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:23:25 -0600, (Brent
P) wrote:

>In article >, Dave Head wrote:
>> Clumps happen when people drive the same speed.

>Which is what you are proposing. Everyone drive the same speed.

I never said any such thing.

>> Catch somebody? PASS 'EM!

>Passing, lane changes, KRETP, etc you are arguing against.

If you're already driving in the left lane, you don't have to change lanes to
pass.

There's going to be mostly slow people in the right lane - no matter what
either of us advocates - so staying left if your fast results in less lane
changes.

>You hate clumps but argue for the things that cause clumps.

Nope - I argue for driving with a very large area around you being free of
cars. That is, if you catch somebody, pass 'em.

I argue for _minimizing_ lane changes, not _eliminating_ them.