Old May 26th 04, 08:39 PM
Max Reheat

On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:01:54 +0000 (UTC), "Graham W"
> selected combat throttle and flew
into a dogfight with:

>I'm picking up a December 2002 156 2.0 JTS with the Bose sound system on
>Tuesday - can't wait.....
>Does anyone know what aftermarket CD-autochanger fits this model? - and if
>they do, where does the changer go in the car and is there a pre-laid cable
>or do I have to run a cable back to the head unit?

The CD header unit and 10 CD changer are by Blaupunkt (IIRC, the
Sportwagon uses a Clarion 6 CD changer). You could find the systems
on the German Blaupunkt website (in German but not English). I don't
know if the website has changed or whether the UK website has been
updated. Unfortunately I can't help with the wiring, I bought my 156
new with the CD changer already fitted. The changer fits in a
'compartment' labelled 'CD' just behind the nearside rear wheel arch
(UK model); whether this compartment exists on models that have not
had the factory fit changer, I can't say.

>(I have an original 1999 1.8TS at present and I know that its Alfa badged
>radio-cassette is made by Alpine and I have fitted a generic Alpine changer,
>plugging it directly into the pre-laid cable under the boot floor.)

I have the same Alpine CD changer as the early 156 fitted in my
Lancia. Got it from Halfords at half the price stated in the Alfa
catalogue!

--
Max Reheat () - deselect Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed Veloce
Lancia Dedra 1.8i.e.SE