Old September 8th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
unr

Default Intermittent Power Loss in 1989 Chevy G10 Van with 305

Thanks for your idea.
We also changed the distributor cap and rotor.
It idles fine when not experiencing the problem. Then when it happens it
dies at idle and needs to be started again. The idle doesn't go up and
down.

Do you still think we should try TPS or is that only a suggestion if the
idle goes up and down.

We really appreciate your suggestion because everyone who has looked at it
has failed to find the problem and that has never been mentioned.
Thanks.

lkaboutautos.com...