Old August 17th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher

Default I Must be Getting Slow

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> How are people doing 1:12's at the Canada track in the FIA 2005 rFactor
> F1 mod? I've seen that online. I suppose there are probably people
> doing 1:10's! Well, I'm stuck at around 1:18 at best. I had several
> racecast world records in F3's, McLarens, etc., so I can drive OK.
>
> Is this a setup deal? If it is, does anyone have a link to a fast
> setup? It sure doesn't feel like I'm leaving six seconds on the table!
>
> What are the real F1 lap times at that track?
>
> Pat Dotson

I read this thread yesterday and decided to give Montreal a run. I beat the
WR time with a 111.4 so I guess I should comment on this topic. It's not
listed at Racecast yet because my Racecast account is on the fritz the past
couple of days and my times are all screwed up. Adam is working on it.

I use medium TC. No aids. This week I also posted the Racecast WR time at
Nuerburg and the second best time at Northamptonshire. The only place at
Montreal where someone can cut to gain time is the last chicane before the
front stretch. The game willl give you a warning and not count the lap if
you cut too much though. When approaching the WR time, I had to assume that
others had pushed the in game penalty system to it's limit, so that's what I
did. Mid 112's were no problem though even when I ran a perfect line
throughout the track, including the chicane. I'd like to see ISI make an
adjustment there in their next update, but then any cars that get offline
due to traffic or an honest mistake will likely be hit with an unfair track
cutting penalty. In real F1, quite a few drivers have trouble there in the
race each year, which is probably why ISI has the penalty system set the way
it is. Maybe some speed bumps that wouldn't cause damage to your car when
taken at low speeds would be an option. Similiar to those in the grass at
the last chicane at Toban.
--
David G Fisher