Old July 8th 05, 08:22 PM
Peter Pontbriand

Hmm. No old Fords in her history that I know of.

I'm sure all my strenuous efforts loosened it for her. If I had tried it
myself one more time, it would have worked I'm sure. Just like the jam jar
that no amount of artery-bursting twisting will open being handed to some
else who opens it first try ...

/Peter

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> She must have been raised on old Fords, where when their latches
> are worn out, we must first push in to release the over center tension
> on the lock.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Peter Pontbriand wrote:
> >
> > It seems that all that was needed was a woman's touch. My wife went out

this
> > morning and tried to open the tailgate. It happily obliged immediately.

Now
> > all I've got to do is touch up the paint where all my forceful

tool-wielding