Old January 12th 05, 05:42 PM
Robert Briggs

Paul wrote:
> Cory Dunkle wrote:
>
> > So, if anyone has any thoughts on this tire, good or bad, I'm
> > listening. I was indecisive about what tire to get and ended up
> > going with this one as it seemed pretty good. I'm happy with it,
> > which I suppose is what matters.

> So long as you, the driver, are satisfied with the performance of
> the tires, nothing else matters.

In Cory's cases, emphatically *NO*.

Back in November, he wrote:

I'll cut straight to the chase... Stupid old me rear-ended
someone today. It was my fault, I should have been paying
more attention.

:

I didn't react other than to keep braking. Tapped him at a
few MPH and cracked his turn signal lense, bent the metal
below it a little, and jarred that panel slightly ...

:

The cop gave me a ticket for following too closely ...

:

I just hope that between the ticket the BS speeding ticket
the cops have been jerking me around with for 9 months that
I have to pay next week, the ticket from today I have to pay
next week, and the increased insurance, that I can afford
new tires before snow falls. Two are down to the belts and
two are about to the wear indicators.

AFAIK, he has yet to acknowledge that having a full set of good
tyres, rather than two "down to the belts" and two "about to the
wear indicators", might have turned his low-speed bump into a
miss.

His new tyres can hardly fail to be better than his old ones, but
that in itself is no sound recommendation.