Old July 20th 05, 10:07 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, jimhigh66 wrote:

> it looks like the brake and turn-sig are separate bulbs--ie they don't
> use the same filament for brake and turn-sig like a lot of cars do. An
> interface module should only essentially consist of a pair of diodes
> each side to drive the single filament on the trailer from either/both
> brake and turn-sig circuits while keeping them separate in the Cruiser.

That's what the "light converter/interface" units for sale at every U-Haul
location do, yes.

I've seen so many of these working improperly on the road. They seem to
have the standard 50/50 durability thing going (50 miles or 50 minutes,
whichever occurs first).

If I were pulling a trailer with a vehicle that had separate brake and
turn lights, I'd just add separate turn lights to the trailer and avoid
messing with Rube Goldberg "converter" devices.