Old March 15th 05, 04:58 PM
Somebody

"tk" > wrote in message
> I have a 2001 330Ci with 30,000 miles. I hear a slight rear end gear whine
> under light load. It doesn't seem excessive yet; but, I thought it unusal
> for the milage. Does anyone else have this and could it be considered
> normal. The nearest dealer is like 100 miles away; and, I hate to make the
> drive just for that. (I'm one of these people that, most of the time,
> prefers to listen to the car, instead of music; and, I probably hear too
> much.)

Is it possible it's a wheel bearing? Perhaps a rear seat passenger would
localize it to one side?

Anyway whine in a 30k mile car is not ok, get it looked at. It won't go
away, it will get worse until something gets damaged. If they "don't hear
it" when you bring it in, be sure to bring it back again before the warranty
is up; it will be worse by then.

-Russ.