Old March 10th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 87 Reliant, power loss and stalls. Got codes but dunno what.

streblo wrote:
> Hi. My 87 Reliant (2.5L) stalls when stopping, especially when colder.
> Hesitates when running, and has low power and bad mileage. I got codes
> 33 and 34. As per a list of codes, they refer to AC and speed control,
> but my car doesn't have AC not cruise. Anyboody knows of alternative
> interpretations that may give me clues? Speed sensor maybe?
>
> Thanks a lot

Hi streblo...

Not a mechanic, so I stand ready to be corrected, but I think
you'll find that "speed control" doesn't refer to cruise control,
but rather to the speed sensor...

I further suggest that it's in the transaxle, and is responsible
for "deciding" whether the car is idling or coasting, and the
computer uses that information to determine where to put the idle
air control motor.

Take care.

Ken