Old January 10th 05, 09:41 PM
Tim

Default Come on, let's get this thing moving!!!

What the hell is with people that drive 20 MPH up a straight onramp? I kid
you not, 20 MPH.

The other day I turned onto an onramp behind a driver that was going 20, and
I kept waiting for him to speed up, but he never did. The ramp is long
enough that you can give 50% throttle once you turn onto the ramp and be at
70MPH by the time the lane joins with the main highway. So once I figured
that this bozo wasn't going to speed up I slowed down to build up space in
front of me (this meant almost stopping on the ramp), then timing my
manuvure such that I floor it, and just as I get close to the rear of buddy
I can move over into a gap in the right lane at interstate speeds. I passed
him like he was standing still (which he almost was).

What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp? That's slower than
a residental road. That's slower than a semi could do on the ramp. I don't
even want to think about how he managed to merge (if he did), and if he was
going to continue to drive 20 on the interstate.