Old December 20th 04, 02:41 PM
HLS

> > I don't really trust the
> > auto repair franchises like Midas

> Smart. They don't deserve trust.

The quality of work the mechanic performs may be the issue more than the
franchise. Midas used to be a good muffler shop. I doubt they would
intentionally do substandard work, BUT if their quality mission
is not well defined and championed, they will eventually and inevitably
turn out crap.

Same with dealerships. Some of the worst work I have ever seen was done at
dealerships, which should have the mission to do quality work.

$65 per hour can be a very reasonable rate, if the work is well and quickly
done, but can be a waste of money if a cornercutting flat-rating
jakeleg mechanic does the work.