Old July 24th 05, 12:16 PM
Shadowdancer

In article >,
says...

> "gutermuth2000" > wrote in message
> news:1_634408_510522338dd205e89750f55f9eb6d7d1@aut oforumz.com...
> >I was wondering if my fan clutch was bad in my 2000 323.
> > It runs all the time and just seems to be sucking power under hard
> > acceleration. Does anyone know at what temp. the clutch starts
> > turning the blades? I was hoping that the temp. outside (since its
> > been in the 90's) is the cause and when the weather cools down it will
> > stop.

> the clutch-fan in my truck doesnt kick in until 200 or so.
>
> When the car is OFF (and cold) can you spin the fan by hand?

I wonder if this is related to a problem we've been having with the AC
on our '98 Z3 convertible, 2.8 litre. We cannot turn it completely off.
Instead of having 0 1 2 3 4 as controls, it gives us 1 1 2 3 4, so there
is always cold blowing. Other than that, it works great! Even when the
outside temp is 90 to 95, the air is chilling in the cockpit.

And yes, I can move the fan by hand when the engine is off and cold.