Old July 26th 05, 03:49 AM
Lon

attnews proclaimed:

> the '93 thru'95's are the true AMC styling: I think the best looking.

The 93-98 were all ZJ's on this side of the pond.

> Available for several years was the l960's chysler 318 cubic inch 8, a
> reliable power plant. chrysler made a big deal (ha) out of its new aluminum
> v-8, which was said to be much lighter. It was, by 50 pounds. Them
> dummies. There weren't 3 or 4 8's, only 2. Chysler used the Nash/AMC
> inline 6 for many years, and still has it in the wrangler. Good luck.

The 4.0 is a fuel injected variant of the old AMC 6, not overly flashy
but tougher than a 50 year old rooster. The V8's tend to be rather
popular, the 5.2 has pretty good performance due to power to weight
and the 5.9 V8 in the final year was faster to 30 than the Hemi and
not that much slower to 60 than the current Hemi.

Previous owner care is critical. Have a knowledgeable jeep mechanic
pop it into the air and see how well the engine, transfer case,
transmission, and axles have been maintained. Heavy use isn't a
big deal, just neglect.