Old January 26th 05, 06:06 PM

All2sober > wrote:
> I recently had my stereo stolen out of my 92 Honda Accord Ex. I drove

> or a short due to the stereo's removal (although all i see are the main
> wire plug and possibly the anteanna plug sitting in the dashboard where
> the stereo used to be.

There is a memory wire that is always hot, to keep the clock and programmed
memory going. This is possibly a pink wire. It should be in the harness
that you see lying there, so it shouldn't be shorted out at that point.

But perhaps the midnight uninstaller didn't unplug the connector, and just
yanked the radio out of the dash. The hot wire may have been pulled
against a sharp edge, and is now leaking some current.
Reach in the radio opening, and move the wire bundle a little. Look for
cuts in the insulation where it goes around some sharp corner.

--
---