Old July 20th 05, 10:02 PM
Skip

Art wrote:
> Bleach is a bad idea. Residue may damage coils. Lysol spray is better
> choice or purchase foam designed for the purpose from car dealership. I am
> surprised that back pressure could clear it.
>

> "Mikus" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>I had a musty smell awhile back and fixed it without any disassemble or
>>work.
>>
>>Try this first:
>>
>>Close all the vents on the for the AC.
>>Put the Fan on full.
>>With the vents closed, the back pressure of the air may very well blow the
>>drains clear.
>>
>>I also poured some bleach down there to kill the mold and muck.
>>
>>"MPost" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I believe the drain holes where condensate from my air conditioner drains
>>>are plugged up. I don't see any water dripping on the ground when I run
>>>the A/C and I get a faint smell of mildew when I first start up the fan.
>>>Unfortunately, my Chilton's manual doesn't show where these holes are or
>>>how to clear them out. Can anyone give me some pointers and/or point me to
>>>a diagram on the internet?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance.

I'd be worried about using bleach, especially when your drains are
clogged, unless you enjoy the smell of bleach There are commercial
products made specifically for this, you dump it down the vent intake in
front of your windshield. As for locating the drains, can't help you
there....

Benjamin Franklin