Old July 21st 05, 04:50 AM
Jonnie Santos

MPost wrote:
> Interesting idea. I tried the back pressure technique, but unfortunately, it
> didn't work for me. Any other ideas on how to locate and clear the drain
> holes?
>
> "Mikus" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Oh yes, I also believe you need it on reticulate.
>>

>>"Mikus" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I had a musty smell awhile back and fixed it without any disassemble or
>>>work.
>>>
>>>Try this first:
>>>
>>>Close all the vents on the for the AC.
>>>Put the Fan on full.
>>>With the vents closed, the back pressure of the air may very well blow
>>>the drains clear.
>>>
>>>I also poured some bleach down there to kill the mold and muck.

Didn't see what model is being discussed - when I drove a 97 I pulled
the blower motor (3 screws) and poured a little water down the ducting
from the motor location towards the condenser housing and it dribbled
out in the engine bay from a black rubber L-shaped do-dad located low on
the firewall about midway. When I had the warm and fuzzies it was
draining, I sprayed some (a lot) of anti-bacterial windex down the same
vent. It worked for a long while. I also paid to have it down at the
dealer - lasted maybe a little longer and smelled a lot cleaner (don't
know if that was just fragrance or the dealer did a more thorough/better
job).