Old August 9th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dale[_2_]

Default whimpy power door lock actuators.

I tested the actuators by connecting them (momentarily) to a 12V
supply. Sure enough, these things have no torque what so ever. They
moan a little, and the actuator does flip-flop, but no power. I put
everything back together, minus the actuators, and I'll go powerless
for now. I may try to take them apart by drilling out the rivets just
to see what makes em' tick (they don't work anyway). Maybe when it
cools down a little here in Hot-Lanta I'll screw around with it some
more. Just for fun I may crank up the voltage until they smoke.. (I've
been watching too much Mythbusters....)

As for the top, good suggestion.

Thanks,